See how to install a printer as a generic one on your computer through Windows settings.
1. Connect the printer to the USB port of your computer. Make sure the printer is turned on. Click on the Windows "Start" button and select "Settings" (gear icon).
2. Select "Devices" and then click on "Add printer or scanner".
3. Windows will automatically search for the connected printer. If the generic printer does not appear in the list, select "The printer I want isn't listed".
4. Select "Add a local or network printer with manual settings" and click "Next".
5. Select "Standard printer port" from the drop-down list and click "Next".
6. Select "Generic" from the list of printer manufacturers and then select "Generic / Text Only" from the list of printer models. Press "Next".
7. Give a name to the printer and click "Next".
8. Select whether you want to share the printer on the network or not.
9. Click on "Next".
10. Click "Finish" to complete the installation.
Done! Once the installation is complete, you can use the generic printer from any Windows program with Nex.
1. How to Start
Sales, stock control, customer registration, register...
2. Next Steps
Backup, Parked Sales, loyalty system, change currency and more...
Print templates, printing labels, commission report and more...
See how to integrate your scale directly into the Nex to use it at the time of sale, automatically reading the weight of the product.
See how to change the input port in the printer driver, configuring it correctly in Windows
Here's how to send a Windows test print directly from the printer driver.
See how to install the POS-58 or POS-80 printer driver on Windows.
See how to configure your computer so that your cash drawer opens automatically or with a shortcut on your keyboard.
See how to make your store's day-to-day even more practical using a barcode scaner!
Use your inkjet, laser or POS printer to print receipts, quotations and price tags.
See how easy it is to choose an invoice, receipt template that best suits your business
Identify products using labels. Select a label and use it on your regular or label printer.
Some scales print labels and to read labels by Nex, you need to configure your system. See how in this tutorial.