See how to configure your computer so that your cash drawer opens automatically or with a shortcut on your keyboard.
1. After connecting the drawer to your printer, through the RJ11 input, it is necessary to configure the option to open the drawer in the printer driver itself. In the printer driver, you can choose to open before or after printing. This way, whenever Nex sends a print command, your printer will open the drawer.
2. As this procedure is done outside Nex it is recommended to seek assistance from the technical support of your printer supplier, so that they can assist you in case of any doubts. If necessary, we are available to try to assist you with the configuration of the drawer on your printer.
1. Click on the SALES on the left side menu, and click on the GEAR icon in the upper right corner to open the settings.
2. Check OPTION 29. OPEN CASH DRAWER WITHOUT MAKING A SALE.
3. In OPTION 30. click on the ARROW to select the printer to which the drawer will be connected.
4. Click on OK(F2) in the upper left corner to save the settings.
That's it! Now you can open the drawer without making a sale. To do this, just press the ALT + F11 keys at the same time. It is possible that a small amount of paper will be printed when the drawer is opened this way.
1. How to Start
Sales, stock control, customer registration, register...
2. Next Steps
Backup, Parked Sales, loyalty system, change currency and more...
Print templates, printing labels, commission report and more...
See how to integrate your scale directly into the Nex to use it at the time of sale, automatically reading the weight of the product.
See how to install a printer as a generic one on your computer through Windows settings.
See how to change the input port in the printer driver, configuring it correctly in Windows
Here's how to send a Windows test print directly from the printer driver.
See how to install the POS-58 or POS-80 printer driver on Windows.
See how to make your store's day-to-day even more practical using a barcode scaner!
Use your inkjet, laser or POS printer to print receipts, quotations and price tags.
See how easy it is to choose an invoice, receipt template that best suits your business
Identify products using labels. Select a label and use it on your regular or label printer.
Some scales print labels and to read labels by Nex, you need to configure your system. See how in this tutorial.